Southfield Lathrup Village Democratic Club’s purpose is to promote the philosophy of the Democratic Party and to elect Democrats who support the philosophy through the coordination of activities of precinct delegates, candidates and all interested Democrats in the cities of Southfield and Lathrup Village. The Southfield/Lathrup Village Democratic club is a non-profit organization and all its assets are pledged to educational, charitable and community purposes.
In fulfilling this purpose, the Southfield/Lathrup Village Democratic Club shall, through political, educational and social activities, promote the aims and purposes of the Democratic Party and its candidates and advance the interests of all Democrats supporting the Party within its geographic area.
Joseph Person- Chair
Charlene Yarbrough- 1st Vice Chair
Michael Ross- 2nd Vice Chair
Sharon Person- Recording Secretary
Beatie Love- Corresponding Secretary
The SLVDC is the organization where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement. Add your voice to the hard working, highly dedicated, and caring members and supporters across the country in making democracy work.
Join us today and collaborate with others who care about their community. Individuals just like you who are actively engaged in creating positive change on the local, state, and national levels. Become a member and serve as a leader in your community, and work to shape the important issues that keep our communities strong.
- Acting as a force to create positive, lasting change in our communities
- Empowering voters to protect their right to vote.
- Educating citizens and fostering dialogue on pertinent issues – from healthcare and climate change to openness in government.
- Working to ensure that ALL votes are counted and ALL voices are heard.
Preserving our constitutional rights.
- Working together to make democracy work!
- We believe that sensible, responsible civil discourse and action based civic improvement makes the difference.
- We believe that with leaders like you, we can make democracy work.
Join us and be part of the solution!